Monday, December 04, 2006

A bicycle built for two

YOWZA! You know that feeling like your pubic bone is bruised from sitting on a bicycle seat for too long? Yeah, that's what it feels like most of the time for me now, at least for the past few weeks. It feels like someone took their foot (with a steel-toed boot, no less!) and just kicked me right in the crotch, though thankfully I don't know firsthand what that feels like. I know that it's just my joints and ligaments that are getting ready to accommodate a small human's passage, but boy does it make me sore, especially when using stairs or standing up. It's starting to give me the pregnant waddle at times, just because that's what it takes to make walking a little more comfortable. I used to think it was cute when pregnant women waddled, but now I know it's necessary.

2 Comments:

At December 04, 2006 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I totally know what you're talking about. Sometimes my hips just ache and there's a definite waddle to my walk. Even my husband teases me about it. I can't help it and just try to enjoy it while I can. :-)

 
At December 04, 2006 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait until you need help getting up from the couch! Then wait for the DH to leave you there!! That was Tim's favorite torture. Make the fat preggo lady roll off the couch. It only gets better!
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home