Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tummy-thumpin' at 25 weeks

I may have started feeling movement late compared to some people with their first pregnancies, but I've really started to feel significant kicks and rolls now that I've started feeling stuff at all. In fact, I've had many thumps in the past few days that I've felt very definitely from the outside, and The Husband seemed very amused last night to be able to feel it for himself. To me, they still feel like irregular spasms or twitches, and the first one usually startles me, but then I don't gasp every time after that. Lying on my back (don't worry--I know you're not supposed to for long periods of time; I'm a side sleeper by nature, so thankfully that's not an issue for me) seems to always make her wake up and explore her little world with her feet.

I finally finished reading Baby Bargains this week, which means I/we now need to start making final decisions on what gear we'd like/need to buy, and at some point soon we'll make our registry more complete. (My goal is to have it done by the end of November. We'll see how realistic that is.) Keep your fingers crossed that The Husband finds a job soon, because it turns out all this stuff takes money! Who knew? :)

No weight gain in the past week. Despite talking about sweets and desserts nearly nonstop, I've tried to limit myself to what I eat to satisfy my sweet tooth. No need to gain unnecessary pounds.

Weight loss/gain:
3w5d starting weight
5w (-1.2 pounds)
6w (-3 pounds, -4.2 pounds total)
7w (-2.4 pounds, -6.6 pounds total)
8w (-1 pound, -7.6 pounds total)
9w (-2 pounds, -9.6 pounds total)
10w (-2.6 pounds, -12.2 pounds total)
11w (+1 pound, -11.2 pounds total)
12w (+3.6 pounds, -7.6 pounds total)
13w (+1.0 pound, -6.6 pounds total)
14w (+1.2 pounds, -5.4 pounds total)
15w (+3.4 pounds, -2 pounds total)
16w (+2.0 pounds, no change total)
17w (+2.0 pounds, +2.0 pounds total)
18w1d (+2.0 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
19w (-1.0 pound, +3.0 pounds total)
20w (-0.4 pounds, +2.6 pounds total)
21w (+1.4 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
22w (-0.4 pounds, +3.6 pounds total)
23w (+3.4 pounds, +7.0 pounds total)
24w (+0.8 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)
25w (+0.0 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)

1 Comments:

At October 24, 2006 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - was the book a good one? There is so much baby "stuff" out there, it's easy to get overwhelmed. I don't think I used half of it but there are definately things that are great to have. Number one for me was the Boppy Pillow. LOL.

It's exciting to read about the kicking - and so sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home