Thursday, October 12, 2006

Eye, captain

I've definitely noticed a decline in my eyesight in the last few weeks, one of the common side effects of pregnancy. I wear contacts, and some days it's just a matter of them not feeling right, but other days it's more extreme and I really can't focus on much at all without blinking a lot or squinting. I just had my last eye exam in December, so it's not likely that I just need a new prescription already, yet there's not much I can do about it right now because my eyes will likely change again (usually back to what it was previously, but not always) afterwards. So, squinting it shall be for me.

2 Comments:

At October 12, 2006 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant, my eyesight also changed and I was completely unable to wear the type of contacts I had at that time (I wore hard contacts) because of both comfort issue and not being able to see well enough. After I gave birth, I still could not wear that kind of contact, but my prescription had actually improved and I was able to move to soft contacts and to this day my vision is still better than pre-pregnancy!

Good luck to ya!
Nanci

 
At October 13, 2006 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to wear glasses when I was pregnant with Austin and as soon as I had him my eyesight went back to 20/20. It was really weird, I had never heard of pregnancy affecting vision but I got glasses a week before I found out I was pregnant. It came on really fast and went away just as fast. I didn't have any problems with Ashlyn, just Austin. So now I don't wear glasses. Good luck to you, hopefully your prescription will go back to normal after the baby. Until then squint away!
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home