Thursday, October 05, 2006

Playing mind games with my child already

I've been staring at a blank screen in Blogger for the past five minutes, trying to think of something to write about. This has become my place where I complain about the things I'm going through and/or give updates to document this pregnancy, but today I find I have neither anything to complain about nor any real updates to give. I could skip a day of posting, but I'm really trying to post as many days as I can in order to really chronicle this process for myself.

But today I have no headache. No gallstone pain. No sore boobs. No constipation (I never really mentioned it before, but that's gone now that I'm off Zofran). No urge to puke. I'm tired in general, but still feel pretty good overall. This second trimester thing isn't so bad.

So now what am I going to write about?! :)

I guess my observation of the day--though not really a full-on complaint, mind you--is that I'm still not really feeling much movement. I thought I felt something yesterday afternoon, but before that, it'd been about a week since I felt anything that I thought could be her. Some people start feeling definite movement earlier, like around 16 to 18 weeks, but the consensus is that generally by 22 weeks you should feel fairly definite (though not necessarily consistent) movement. I'm not paranoid to where I think something's wrong or anything (though I do miss the doppler, which we sent back last month), especially since I started pregnancy at slightly above my ideal weight, but my patience (which has been great thus far) is starting to wear just a little. More of a minor annoyance than anything I'm really concerned or bothered about.

(By the way, I'm hoping that once I post this, it'll be enough to elicit a great big kick out of the little one--just to make me look a little silly for having posted about it too soon! Sort of like how when you're expecting a phone call, it never comes until you've just walked away from the phone. One of those "oh, of course!" things.)

3 Comments:

At October 05, 2006 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are exactly right, if you tell her that you don't want her to move she will! That is still working with my kids to this day. Pretty soon you'll be saying, "geez, kid, gimme a break!"
~Beth

 
At October 05, 2006 9:55 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

The 2nd trimester is the best! Enjoy it while you can, because the 3rd trimester is a bitch!

 
At October 05, 2006 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home