Monday, August 13, 2007

Can we have an update, peas?

The visit with The In-Laws went well (except for the broken deck), though it went by too quickly. The were of course smitten with Baby B (but did we really expect it any other way?), as she was completely entertaining for everyone. She came close to crawling several times, but she still hasn't quite figured out how to move her arms forward. Once she does that, I think she'll start to take off!

We're looking at our options with the deck, and it looks like it might be easiest to fix it without making a homeowner's insurance claim. A friend of my family has built many decks over the years, and he's offered to come over and look at it to see if it can be repaired, then help with fixing it, and all we'll be responsible for is the cost of the supplies. He's probably not going to charge us for his labor, but of course we'll give him something to show our appreciation if he's able to help. Hopefully we'll know something more this weekend.

It looks like it collapsed because the bolts that secured it into the house were way shorter than they should have been. I have my suspicions that the previous owner of the house (who built the deck when he lived here) did the job on his own and did not hire a contractor or anything. I also suspect he did not get it inspected, but I have nothing really to prove that. We've tried to contact him to find out more, but have yet to hear anything back.

Anyway, back to Baby B news. We had her try peas for the first time today, and I was expecting it to taste more bitter to her, thus more funny faces. The camera was at the ready. I was pleasantly surprised, however, to find out that she loved the peas and didn't once contort her face!

It's funny because with every batch of baby food we've made, I've found myself taking a bite of it before giving it to her, just to see how it tastes. I realized today that it's probably a good way of deciding what foods to give her...I shouldn't give her anything that I wouldn't eat myself. Seems kind of obvious in a way, but I hadn't really thought about it in those terms.

1 Comments:

At August 15, 2007 5:42 PM, Blogger Katy said...

That is so scary about your deck! I'm glad nobody was hurt! On another note, the new pic below is absolutely precious. What a DOLL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home