Friday, August 03, 2007

Just wait until...

One of the things that bugged me when I was pregnant was when I would mention something about my pregnancy, and the instant response I often got was, "Just wait until..." or "You think that's bad? It'll be much worse later." I did understand that people just want to share their stories, but at the time it felt like the experiences I was going through at that particular time were being minimized or brushed aside when someone would say that.

Then a couple days ago, I caught myself about to do the "just wait until..." thing I used to dislike so much. Thankfully this happened in an IM conversation and I realized what I was doing before I sent the message, but it still annoyed me a little that I did this. I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye on that; my intentions, of course, are good, but I don't want what I say to be misinterpreted as brushing off another person's current experience.

*************

Avocado was a HIT tonight! She fussed a few times, but went right back after the spoon--and actually finished the whole thing! A whole (though very small) avocado, all by herself!

*************

Also, she was really pushing herself up a lot earlier tonight. Not all that much forward movement tonight, but she was quickly proving that she has way more arm strength than me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home