Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Little no peep

I know I sound like a broken record, but I can't help but be excited about how well Baby B is doing with sleeping without the swaddle; she made it all the way from 8:15 p.m. until we woke her up at 6:30 this morning to get ready for work (us)/daycare (her) without a single peep.

On a related note, I've done pretty well about keeping stories about Baby B to a minimum when I'm at work, as I'm fully aware that the people I work closest with are NOT baby people, so they don't really care about the minutia of motherhood that fill my time away from the office. But today, for whatever reason, I caught myself running my mouth about how great it was that Baby B was sleeping without the swaddle. However, by the time I realized what I was doing, I couldn't just stop talking because I was in the middle of the story and had a big build-up on how good swaddling is for babies, specifically Baby B, and how you're supposed to be able to stop swaddling around two to four months old, and how we'd still swaddled her because it helped her sleep through the night, but we were so nervous to try to put her to bed without it--you get the idea.

I wrapped up the story as fast as I could without seeming like too much of a spaz, then tried to change the subject as best I could. Much as I love Baby B, I still have plenty of things to talk about with co-workers other than her, so I made sure to direct my topics of conversation elsewhere. I know my audience at work is not baby-friendly, though obviously an occasional lapse will happen from time to time. The highlights...tell them the highlights, but not the play-by-play!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home