Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Baby Bonus

Every night, The Husband and I watch "Jeopardy" at 7:30 and are playfully competitive with each other. (I still maintain that if there were couples "Jeopardy" and you could compete with your spouse, we'd totally rock. It often turns out that he's strong in subjects I don't know well--Greek mythology, anyone?--and I'm strong in categories that he's not as familiar with.) Before the show even comes on, we're ribbing each other: "I'm going to win!" "No, I'm going to win!" "Well, I already won!" We don't keep actual score (that would suck the fun out of it), but we generally have a sense of who would've won had we kept score. (For the record, I think I win more often.)

However, what most people don't know is that you get a special Baby Bonus if you're the one in charge of Baby B when "Jeopardy" is on to compensate for the range of distractions you'll have as the baby caretaker. While the dollar value of this bonus can change from night to night, it's almost always enough to put that person over the edge to winning in what was actually a close game. We still give Baby B a bottle of formula before bed, and since that last feeding falls around 7:45 p.m. now, that means The Husband almost always ends up with the Baby Bonus. Ah well, that just means I have to be smart enough to overcome this huge bonus each night. :)

3 Comments:

At May 24, 2007 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard in my life! Tim and I playfully rib each other during Wheel of Fortune. He's a sore loser.
~Beth

 
At May 25, 2007 10:55 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

LOL, omg that is so sweet. I am totally watching Jeopardy tonight.

 
At May 25, 2007 4:10 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home