Monday, May 28, 2007

One year later

It was one year ago today that I found out I was pregnant with Baby B. And it was one year ago that I started this blog to help me deal with the inevitable difficulties that I would experience along the way during a pregnancy that followed a miscarriage. A year ago, uncertainty and fear were what filled my thoughts, and I was well aware of the fact that a pregnancy does not always mean you get a baby in the end.

A year later, and this blog has turned into a fairly comprehensive record of my sweet Baby B's early weeks and months, and my life is completely different--sometimes in ways I never imagined. But, despite this significant change, I haven't lost sight of the fact that even though a year has passed since I found out about what was eventually to be a successful pregnancy, I still remember my baby who never had a chance to be born into our family. On this Memorial Day, I honor the child who will always truly be my first, and my thoughts go out to those of you who have lost children of your own.

1 Comments:

At May 28, 2007 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I still get a little twinge in my stomach around my birthday, that's when my first would have been born. But I just keep thinking of the wonderful children I have and how grateful I am for them and how I might not have them if the first pregnancy were successful. "Ghost children" as they are called will never be forgotten.
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home