Sunday, May 27, 2007

Operation: Lose the Swaddle (night two)

I'm happy to report that night two of Operation: Lose the Swaddle went even better than the first night. I had to run some errands last night, so The Husband was in charge of putting Baby B to bed alone. He said she went to bed around 8:30 p.m., cried/fussed for about 15 minutes, then was asleep after that. The next time she woke up? Not until 7:15 this morning, hungry for her morning feeding.

That's my girl!

I can't convey how proud I am of her! Neither one of us even heard her fuss at all during the night, either. I am ecstatic at how well this has gone so far, and I hope it keeps up like this. I keep wondering when the other shoe is going to drop; we've been so fortunate with her sleeping habits ever since she was born.

Oh yeah, and happy four months old, Baby B! I can't believe a third of a year has passed already! She has her four-month check-up a week from tomorrow, and will get more shots then. I'm going to discuss it with the pediatrician, but I'm leaning toward not starting solids until closer to six months for several reasons, but I went ahead and pulled out the high chair today so we can start using it occasionally. That way, it'll be something that's familiar to her for when we do start solids and she won't be hit with too many new things at once. She liked being in it today, so things are good on that front so far.

1 Comments:

At May 27, 2007 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We held off on starting solid foods with our kids for a while too. In fact they never had "table food" until they were over a year old, their first "big people" food was their first birthday cakes. They still eat baby food to this day. We did however put them in their high chairs around 4 months old just so they could get used to it and play while we were eating dinner. They loved to hang out in their high chair and the let's-throw-stuff-on-the-ground-so-mommy-has-to-bend-to-pick-it-up game started. Fun times are ahead.
~beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home