Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Caught

After I took Baby B to the pediatrician last week, I had to stop at the pharmacy to fill her script for Zantac. Because my house and my office are so close together, our closest pharmacy is in the shopping center where most of my co-workers go to lunch. Well, after the doctor's appointment, I pulled into the pharmacy parking lot and was about to get Baby B out of the back seat when I heard, "HONK! HONK HONK HONK! HONNNNNNNK!" I looked up and saw it was two of my proofreaders from work! They were sitting at the stoplight waiting to exit the parking lot on their way back to the office from lunch. I walked over to where they could hear me and told them that I'd had to take Baby B to the doctor and was getting a prescription.

Later in the day, I got an e-mail from one of my proofreaders, saying, "It was funny seeing you earlier today! It was sort of like seeing your teacher out in public--you never think they have lives outside of school!"

But to me, it almost felt like I'd been caught skipping school at first, as though maternity leave meant that I had to stay locked up in the house or something! Kind of a funny thought to have had, because I know that's certainly not the case!

Then this week, I'd gone down to this same shopping center to pick up lunch for Serenity and The Husband and I saw my supervisor entering the parking lot as I was leaving. I don't think he saw me, but I still felt "caught" all the same.

1 Comments:

At March 07, 2007 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny you got "busted"! And you have the best excuse in the world, too! I think that is so funny about the "teacher in public" comment. I remember running into a teacher in the grocery store once and thinking, "why are they here?!?" kind of like they're not real people with normal lives too.
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home