Wednesday, February 21, 2007

An open spot

This afternoon we went to visit a new daycare that's opening on Monday about a block from my work. We were supposed to attend this center's open house on January 27, but obviously Baby B had other plans and we had to skip the open house in order to go to the hospital. But, it may have been better this way because we got to meet with the director one on one and could better address any questions or concerns we have.

As of right now, just two of their eight infant spots are taken, so things look good for us to have a place to take Baby B when I return to work on April 23. We've done our pre-enrollment and have paid the deposit, so we've reserved a spot. We'll have to start paying the weekly fee if all of their other spots fill up and we still want to keep our spot, so hopefully that won't be for a while. It's good to know that we have a spot at this place, because we're still 11th on the list (even after they cleaned the list) at the other center we visited, and we look to get a spot at another nearby center when we have people living on Mars.

It's hard to say how this new center is going to be because they don't open until Monday, but the director said we can come back anytime after they're open and meet the teachers and see how things are going. The big plus (besides them having a spot!) is that it's so close to my work (and thus to home, since I work two miles from home), so my feeling is that we'll give them a shot and see how things go. I do feel comfortable with what I've seen so far, and I have no reason to worry at this point. So, I feel much better about things, because I was really worried about what would happen if it came time to go back to work and we didn't have anything lined up.

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2007 5:04 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

Glad you found a center without a wait! And if you like it, it should work out well.

Avery started daycare today, it was traumatic for all three of us and I can't believe we have to do it all over again tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home