Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What do you mean there's no return policy?

Yesterday was--by far--our most challenging day since we've been home. Baby B was extra fussy and needy, and all she wanted to do was eat from about 5:30 a.m. until midnight. If I wasn't feeding her (which was about 75% of the time), I was constantly burping her, changing diapers, cuddling her, trying to console her, etc. I wasn't able to put her down all day until The Husband got home. Finally around 7 p.m., I was able to take a shower for the first time since Saturday. Until 7:30 p.m., when my best friend brought dinner for us, I'd had only a piece of pound cake that served as a combination breakfast/lunch. I tried all the usual tricks for consoling her crying, but nothing would work. When I took her for a ride in the car during the afternoon, I briefly pondered returning her anonymously to the hospital nursery because she was being so frustrating. (I'm just kidding, for anyone who thinks I was serious about that.) I resisted, however, and decided to keep her, after all. :) Thankfully, after a better night's sleep last night, we're both doing better today. Baby B is much happier today, and I feel better able to tackle her curveballs just for having finally gotten my shower last night!

We go to the pediatrician tomorrow morning for her two-week check-up. I'll update sometime after we get home.

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 1:55 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

I highly recommend a vibrating bouncy chair. When she was inconsolable, it did the trick and it still works like magic to this day.

 
At February 13, 2007 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to joke (and still do) say I'm going to stick my kids out on the sidewalk with some adoption papers pinned to them. I can relate. I am happy that you are able to get out without the baby a little. I still can't go anywhere without at least one kid.

Oh yeah, and the vibrating chair was great for my kids, I used to put my feet on the back to get a little massage for my tootsies.
~beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home