Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Oversensitive arms

I've had the strangest thing happen several times in the past week. Some background: I sleep with a stuffed golden retriever in my arms at night. I've had him for several years, and before that, I slept with a koala bear. So, for as long as I can remember, I've slept with some sort of stuffed animal.

Well, during the past week, I've woken up about four or five different times with my stuffed dog in my arms and in my confused, sleepy state, I thought that I had fallen asleep with Baby B in my arms. I don't even lay in bed with her, because I don't want to succumb to the temptation of sharing a bed since I'm not comfortable with the potential risks, so I know it's not even possible for that to happen, but each time I've had the overwhelming sensation that it's her--and not my stuffed animal--in my arms. For a few seconds, I'm utterly confused as to why she feels so light and limp. One time, I even went as far as placing the stuffed dog in the mini co-sleeper that's next to my side of the bed because I thought it was really the baby. Weird, I tell you.

2 Comments:

At February 07, 2007 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's scary! Let's just hope this passes and you don't have to give up the stuffie. I remember the koala! Better luck with sleep tonight!
~Beth

 
At February 10, 2007 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funny thing is, I sleep with my arm around a full-sized pillow, and I also wake up confused, thinking it's Baby B. (Though in my case, I usually just try to hold the pillow extra-still, so it won't wake up and start crying.)

- The Husband

 

Post a Comment

<< Home