Sunday, February 04, 2007

My kid is sooooo much more advanced
than your kid

The Husband and I like to complain about parents who are constantly trying to one-up other parents when it comes to their children. You know the ones--their kid is the best soccer player ever, their kid spoke their first word at some insanely early age, or their kid is reading at a high-school level in the 2nd grade. I understand this mostly comes from being proud of their kid's achievements, but the constant "my kid is better than your kid" gets annoying real fast.

So we've had fun joking about how advanced our newborn is. "She spoke her first full sentence earlier today," I'll tell The Husband when he gets home from work. Just funny, ridiculous things like that.

But my favorite way I like to say that my child is "so advanced" is that she just knows when I've laid down and started to drift off to sleep--whether she's in the same room as me or not--because that's precisely when she starts to cry. No joke, every time. The kid has an uncanny ability to sense this.

Isn't she so advanced?

2 Comments:

At February 04, 2007 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to work with a lady like that and I dreaded running into her. No matter when your kid did something, hers did it like 2 weeks before that. No kidding, you couldn't say anything (I mean ANYTHING) to her without her saying, oh yeah, well Little T did that but like a month ago. AARRGGHH!!!!
Anyway, your baby sounds very advanced, I am amazed at her ability to speak full sentences already. But my kids already did that like a week before her. ;)
Love ya love ya,
Beth
P.S. Keep making jokes about it, you'll keep running into these braggarts. And worse is the "oh, she's not doing that YET?!?" Don't worry, maybe a meteor will hit them...

 
At February 04, 2007 10:58 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

My kid's already been accepted to an Ivy League school *wink*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home