Thursday, February 15, 2007

Confessions of a new mom

*Part of me sometimes (just sometimes) misses being pregnant. The stuff in the beginning was very hard on me, but I'm fortunate that the last half of pregnancy wasn't as bad as it could have been, so that's naturally what is at the front of my mind. I'm so glad Baby B is here, but I do miss some things, like feeling her moving inside me.

*I have no idea how moms of twins do this without significant help.

*I like breastfeeding more than I expected to.

*I never used to understand why new moms would complain about not having time for a shower. "Just put the kid in the swing for ten minutes...he'll be fine," I used to think. But now I understand the constant attention that a newborn requires, and it's not as simple as just putting them in the swing for ten minutes. That being said, I do make time for a shower when I need one, because I always feel so much more refreshed and prepared to tackle the challenges that await.

*Sometimes I go to check on Baby B, just to make sure she's breathing. But then I end up standing there, just staring at her and daydreaming.

*I was afraid I was going to have an ugly baby. Not all babies are cute, you know. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think my baby is ugly. Whew!

*Despite never having changed a diaper in my life, I think I'm pretty good at it. I'm surprising myself by how much of a natural I am at some of this stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home