Tuesday, December 19, 2006

No holiday spirit at 33 weeks

I've always been one of those people who loves Christmas, which is now less than a week away. Not so much that I start decorating in September, but I've always gotten into gift-giving, Christmas cards, and the like. This year seems to be quite different, though. I can only imagine it's because my focus is more toward February, yet I've heard many (non-pregnant) people say that this year feels different and they're not as into it, either. Maybe as an adult, you just have one year every so often that's unlike the others, for whatever reason. For me, I know a lot of it is that I've focused so much on what we need to get for this baby that I haven't let myself think about what I want for myself, and I know this is going to be the prevailing sentiment--someone else's needs and wants over my own--for years to come, which I'm completely fine with. I'm just hoping the fun of the holiday returns next year and that this is just a rare off year.

Weight loss/gain:
3w5d starting weight
5w (-1.2 pounds)
6w (-3 pounds, -4.2 pounds total)
7w (-2.4 pounds, -6.6 pounds total)
8w (-1 pound, -7.6 pounds total)
9w (-2 pounds, -9.6 pounds total)
10w (-2.6 pounds, -12.2 pounds total)
11w (+1 pound, -11.2 pounds total)
12w (+3.6 pounds, -7.6 pounds total)
13w (+1.0 pound, -6.6 pounds total)
14w (+1.2 pounds, -5.4 pounds total)
15w (+3.4 pounds, -2 pounds total)
16w (+2.0 pounds, no change total)
17w (+2.0 pounds, +2.0 pounds total)
18w1d (+2.0 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
19w (-1.0 pound, +3.0 pounds total)
20w (-0.4 pounds, +2.6 pounds total)
21w (+1.4 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
22w (-0.4 pounds, +3.6 pounds total)
23w (+3.4 pounds, +7.0 pounds total)
24w (+0.8 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)
25w (+0.0 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)
26w (+4.2 pounds, +12.0 pounds total)
27w (-1.0 pounds, +11.0 pounds total)
28w (+3.6 pounds, +14.6 pounds total)
29w (-0.6 pounds, +14 pounds total)
30w (+1.8 pounds, +15.8 pounds total)
31w (+2.0 pounds, +17.8 pounds total)
32w1d (+0.6 pounds, +18.4 pounds total)
33w (-0.2 pounds, +18.2 pounds total)

3 Comments:

At December 19, 2006 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, this is definitely an unusual year. We can't seem to get into x-mas either. My cards are late, our tree is fake and I've hardly done any shopping. Having a baby makes things different too. You want to show you were into it, for when she looks back at pictures, but then again, we don't care all that much b/c she's too young to remember and have fun with it anyway.

February will be a much more exciting time.

BTW: I'm so jealous of how little weight you've gained. I gained 40 lbs. during my pregnancy and 10 in just one month alone! It's that same 10 I'm now struggling to get off.

Merry Holidays!

 
At December 19, 2006 10:54 AM, Blogger DMB said...

Several of you have commented either here or via e-mail about me doing so well with my weight gain (thanks for the compliments and encouragement...that's very nice to hear!), but I just always feel the need to point out that I started out above my ideal weight, so in theory I shouldn't gain a lot anyway.

Still, even with that in mind, I guess I could have gone crazy with the "eating for two" mentality and easily gone overboard when I didn't need to. I think I've done a good job of letting myself have some treats along the way but also eating better in my meals (and I definitely get full a LOT faster now!). All in all, I'm happy with my weight progress so far...and I think that posting it for everyone here to see helps keep me in check, too! LOL

D

 
At December 20, 2006 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you. I think for me it has been the weather that has prevented me from getting in the mood. When it is 70 degrees outside, it just does not feel like Christsmas to me. Although, I have to say that this is the most organized I have been at Christmas. We got the house decorated early, shopped and wrapped all the presents, I made my ornaments, baked cookies and finished my Christmas cards in the first 3 weeks of December. My husband has been my motivator. Although, now it is time to clean. Urgh! I am looking forward to lots of fun with my family and friends in the next few weeks. I hope you all have the same! Merry Christmas!
Nikki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home