Monday, June 04, 2007

Stick it to me (well, to her)

Baby B had her four-month check-up today, and it went really well. We answered a questionnaire about milestones (she'd met all the ones listed) and the nurse got her measurements (see below). The doctor came in to examine her and asked about her feeding and sleeping schedules, how her reflux was, milestones, and other miscellaneous things. Naturally, she picked during this visit to spit up all over both herself and me, so I was a mess (and stinky) by the time the doctor came in. He gave us a feeding guide and said we could start solids anytime we wanted, though I still think we're going to wait until closer to six months to give her digestive system more time to develop. The doctor kept commenting on how pretty she was (I'm sure he says that to everyone) and what a happy baby she seemed like. You know, she really is a happy baby.

Then the nurse came back in and it was time for the dreaded shots.

She took the oral rotavirus vaccine fine, though she made a funny face from the taste of it. The nurse did the next three shots in her upper thighs in quick succession, and poor Baby B was red-faced and crying during this time. The Band-Aids were applied and I was able to pick her up to comfort her, and the funniest thing happened. Like flipping a switch, she stopped her crying, looked around at us with a neutral look, then started BEAMING AND LAUGHING when looking at the nurse! I started dying laughing myself. The nurse said, "I wish all of my patients were that good with their shots! I claim dibs on being the one to give her six-month shots!" She got a little fussy when I was checking out and on the drive home, but the last half of the drive she fell asleep and has been asleep in her carseat for the last hour (I don't want to wake her up since she missed her morning nap). She was sleepy throughout the day after her two-month shots, so I suspect the same thing may happen today.

Height: 24 7/8 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 14 pounds, 1.5 ounces (50th to 75th percentile)
Head circumference: 16 inches (25th to 50th percentile)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home