Saturday, June 23, 2007

Baby babble

There are some days that I swear I'm never going to know when Baby B's first word is spoken, because there are so many times now when it sounds like she's already saying a few real words among her nearly-constant babbling. (Now, I know she's advanced [*wink*], but not quite that advanced!)

I am making a prediction that her first word is going to be "hi," as both The Husband and I say it to her all the time. It doesn't require any complex mouth/tongue positions to say, so I'd say there's a good chance that might be it. Incidentally, though, that's one of the words I'm sometimes convinced she says right now, so who knows if I'll recognize it if she actually says it for real at some point.

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2007 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She probably will be an early speaker given the fact that she is already sticking out her tongue and blowing raspberries. That is supposed to be a good indicator for early vocabulary, but you know how that goes, you have to take everything with a grain of salt. You spend the first year of life teaching how to walk and talk and the next 20 years telling them to sit down and shut up.
~Beth

 
At June 25, 2007 9:25 AM, Blogger Brandy said...

I'm glad I'm not alone!! We say "hi" to our little guy all the time and I swear it sounds like he says it back! I'm sure she's going to be a little genius (whether it's just in her parents eyes or not - he he).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home