Monday, March 12, 2007

All is well

I had my six-week post-partum OB check-up this morning, and everything looks good. My prescription to go back on the pill is being filled as I write this (anyone else taking Nor-QD?), and I don't go back again until my pap is due in mid-August.

Baby B slept through the night for the fifth night in a row last night. I love this kid! I'm trying not to get spoiled by this nice stretch of sleep, because I know it could change at any moment, but I'm appreciating it while I can. Of course, I'm still exhausted because I have days like yesterday when she wanted to nurse every 1 to 1 1/2 hours. When you consider that about 20-30 minutes are spent feeding, another 5 minutes for burping, another 10-15 minutes for keeping her upright so she doesn't spit up (but still does despite the efforts), and 5 minutes for spit-up clean-up and/or a diaper change, then that means I end up spending nearly all of my time during the day feeding or doing feed-related tasks. It can be frustating at times, but again, if that's the trade-off I have to make for consecutive hours of sleep at night, then I'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home