Friday, January 12, 2007

My long-overdue thank you

To my wonderful husband,

How can I possibly thank you for everything you've done during the past eight months or so? I know I don't say it nearly enough, but I really do appreciate all the things you've done for me in order to help make things easier during what hasn't necessarily been the easiest pregnancy at times.

You've taken over most of the cooking and kitchen-cleaning duties, especially when I was so sick, and that has really helped me out.

You took such good care of me during my morning sickness stage, running out to get me those home remedies that never really worked, taking the dog for a walk by yourself when I didn't feel like going with you all, and just lying next to me and rubbing my hands when I needed company but didn't feel like doing anything other than lying down.

All of the massages you've given me have made me so much more comfortable. And the fact that sometimes you just offer out of the blue makes it even more special.

You've listened to me complain about many things along the way, from work issues to various aches and pains, without making me feel like my complaints are invalid.

You've always enthusiastically answered "Yes, baby!" whenever I've come out sporting a maternity outfit and subsequently asked you, "Am I cute enough?"

You've put up with my occasional mood swings like a champ.

Your excitement, which you sometimes seem to show even more than I do, is contagious and so endearing and has helped me get even more excited about what's to come.

You've always been so excited to listen to the heartbeat with the doppler, or to put your hand to my belly when I'm feeling some kicks. The look on your face during these times has been precious. I'll never be able to capture that look on film, but it's something that's burned forever in my memory.

You didn't let your stress show when you were out of work and we weren't sure how long it would take you to find a job, and I know that's because you didn't want to stress me out.

You didn't even complain recently when I asked you to paint my toenails since I couldn't easily reach them.

In short, I love you more than I could possibly write here. Thank you so much for all of the above and more. You're going to be a fantastic father.

-Your loving wife

3 Comments:

At January 12, 2007 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.... that's sweet. Painting your toenails for you????????? AWWWW!!!!

You got a good one, you know. :)

 
At January 12, 2007 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniff* That is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes! What a good hubby you have!!

 
At January 13, 2007 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell him to get used to painting toenails because in a couple weeks he will have another set to paint. Let him practice on you, the real test will come when he paints teeny tiny baby toes! But seriously you do have a fantastic husband, he is the best!
Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home