Thursday, January 11, 2007

Getting some practice in

I think I had some form of contractions last night, but it wasn't anything real. It happened during that time when I'd just gotten to sleep, and The Husband was lying next to me reading. I remember getting very sharp pains at the top of my uterus for about 5 seconds at a time, and they were about every 30 seconds maybe (though, my sense of time may be off since I was mostly asleep). It's hard to explain, but when I felt it, I just KNEW that's what a real contraction must feel like...it's definitely different than the Braxton-Hicks contractions that are just tight and not painful. Now, I don't know if what I had last night really feels even close to what real contractions will feel like (I'll know soon enough to compare), but like I said, that's just what I envision it feeling like. Of course they weren't "real" because of how short they were and how close they were, but still worth noting here since it's the first time I've had something like that. I asked The Husband this morning if he remembered me making noises as though I were in pain when he was reading, because I definitely remember moaning a little when I'd feel it, and sure enough he said yes. So, I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming the whole thing!

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2007 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! I never had Braxton-Hicks contractions so I was in for a total shocker when the real labor hit. At least you can get used to the discomfort for a couple weeks before the real thing hits. I can't believe you are so close to having your baby! In a way it feels like time has flown and in other ways it seems like it has taken a while to get to this point. I am so excited for you, I wish I could be there for you, I'll be thinking of you a lot!
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home