Friday, December 29, 2006

A rareity

Even before pregnancy, I generally never got more than a couple hours of consecutive sleep during the night (I've always woken up often to pee), and of course it's been worse during pregnancy. After waking up at 4 a.m. on Thursday morning and being unable to get back to sleep before having to get ready for work, I was exhausted come Thursday night. Well, I went to bed around 10:15 p.m. and got to sleep around 10:30 p.m.--and I don't remember waking up for the first time until 5 a.m.! Six and a half hours of uninterrupted sleep? Unheard of! I haven't had that in years--and know I won't for years and years to come, so I'm trying to appreciate the restfulness I feel today as a result. (Side note: How my bladder didn't burst open during that long of a stretch, I have no idea! LOL)

1 Comments:

At December 29, 2006 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you are already used to having an interrupted night, I could sleep 12-14 hours without having to go to the bathroom, pre kids. Then after the kiddies it was so weird for me to be up at 1 a.m., 4 a.m. etc... Thankfully my kids slept through the night after 3-4 weeks (lucky, right?) and they are still VERY good sleepers, they get up to go potty then they go right back to their beds. My neighbor across the street has a 6 year old that still gets up in the middle of the night and sleeps in their bed! ACK! I can't imagine. Of course I also never let our kids sleep with us and never slept in their rooms. The only exception to that rule is on Christmas Eve and when there's a hurricane coming through. I think those both warrant sleeping in our room. Here's to many more restful nights.
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home