Tuesday, December 26, 2006

(No) tummy time at 34 weeks

I've finally gotten to the point where lying on my stomach is very uncomfortable. It's not quite impossible yet, because I can arrange pillows to help put me at a better angle, but the tummy-lying days are quickly on the way out. I'm just thankful I was able to keep it up for as long as I could.

We had a good time celebrating Christmas with my family here in town, and my parents were very generous; for a combined Christmas/early baby gift, they got us our high chair, stroller, car seat, and pack 'n play. The Husband and I decided to spend less on each other this year and put most of the Christmas budget toward buying baby gear for the both of us, including a small diaper bag and the Baby Bjorn among other smaller items.

Next on the ever-growing list of things to do in the coming six weeks is installing the car seat and taking it for an inspection, as well as washing baby clothes, sheets, etc. I've also got various appointments I need to set up soon (taking The Dog to have his yearly shots and be groomed, getting a haircut for myself, getting my oil changed, etc.) so I can get those out of the way so they don't go undone too close to the due date. I have no reason (other than the fact that my sister was born a month early) to think that I'll go early, but I want to be prepared for the possibility, just in case.

Because of the holiday week, my 34-week appointment won't be until tomorrow afternoon, so I'll update then. I don't expect it to be anything other than a routine appointment, then I believe my internals will start at 36 weeks, at which point I'll be going to my appointments weekly.

Wow, six more weeks. Here's a kind of funny story. I was watching "Bringing Home Baby" one day last week and had to turn it off because the woman had delivered 9 weeks early, and it (minorly and just temporarily) freaked me out, since I'm definitely within the realm of delivery not being too far-fetched a possibility at this point. I had to laugh at myself for turning it off, since I really do feel ready in the overall sense, but it's just funny all the little things that remind you of just how different things will be soon.

Weight loss/gain:
3w5d starting weight
5w (-1.2 pounds)
6w (-3 pounds, -4.2 pounds total)
7w (-2.4 pounds, -6.6 pounds total)
8w (-1 pound, -7.6 pounds total)
9w (-2 pounds, -9.6 pounds total)
10w (-2.6 pounds, -12.2 pounds total)
11w (+1 pound, -11.2 pounds total)
12w (+3.6 pounds, -7.6 pounds total)
13w (+1.0 pound, -6.6 pounds total)
14w (+1.2 pounds, -5.4 pounds total)
15w (+3.4 pounds, -2 pounds total)
16w (+2.0 pounds, no change total)
17w (+2.0 pounds, +2.0 pounds total)
18w1d (+2.0 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
19w (-1.0 pound, +3.0 pounds total)
20w (-0.4 pounds, +2.6 pounds total)
21w (+1.4 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
22w (-0.4 pounds, +3.6 pounds total)
23w (+3.4 pounds, +7.0 pounds total)
24w (+0.8 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)
25w (+0.0 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)
26w (+4.2 pounds, +12.0 pounds total)
27w (-1.0 pounds, +11.0 pounds total)
28w (+3.6 pounds, +14.6 pounds total)
29w (-0.6 pounds, +14 pounds total)
30w (+1.8 pounds, +15.8 pounds total)
31w (+2.0 pounds, +17.8 pounds total)
32w1d (+0.6 pounds, +18.4 pounds total)
33w (-0.2 pounds, +18.2 pounds total)
34w (+2.4 pounds, +20.6 pounds total)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home