Monday, January 08, 2007

The First Internal

So, I had my 36-week appointment this afternoon, which included my first internal to check for progress and the group B strep test (should have those results next week). The nurse told me I was there on a good day, because everyone they'd checked today had some form of progress, including another woman at 36 weeks who was already dilated 3 centimeters. I joked that with my luck, I'd be the one to ruin the pattern for the day. And wouldn't you know it...I'm at ZERO centimeters! LOL I'm actually fine with that, since I don't want her to come quite this early (though, I know that progress at this point isn't necessarily an indicator of when she'll actually arrive). Still, I just thought it was funny that I ruined the pattern of the day!

The good news is that I'm still measuring right on target at 36 weeks, the heartbeat sounded perfect, and the doctor said she's in the head-down position (though, I already suspected that since I've gotten a lot of kicks up in the ribs). My next appointment will be on the 17th at 37w1d, where I'll have another check for progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home