Monday, March 19, 2007

Mulligan!


I don't know what it was, but the other day I was looking at some recent pics I'd taken of Baby B, and it struck me out of nowhere: She looks like an Ashley! I have no idea why that particular name popped into my head--I hadn't heard it recently that I remember--but that's just what came to me when I was looking at those pics. You don't really get a do-over with your kid's name, though--at least, not without going through the courts (ug, too much hassle!). Now, I don't really have doubts about the name we did choose, but I just think it's funny that this feeling has hit me so strongly--and for no real reason. It's turned more into a joke, actually, because it's quite fun to call her Ashley around The Husband, who gets annoyed every time I call her that (don't worry--he gets the joke...I hope!).

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2007 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA that is so funny! I love the name you chose for her although I can see the "Ashley" in her. I absolutely hate Ashlyn's name, I wish we would have chosen a different name. Guess that's why I call her Sissy. Austin looks like an Austin but Sissy looks like a Lindsay to me. I really wanted to name her Lindsay but the boys outvoted me. Oh well, no more children for me so I guess I am stuck with the names I gave the kiddos.
~Beth
P.S. I think it's perfectly normal to second guess your name choices. I know several people who think the same way.

 
At March 19, 2007 9:41 AM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

Too funny! I only second guess Avery's middle name, which is James (after her daddy). My only concern is when she's older and people think she's a boy b/c Avery's kinda androgenous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home